regarding database NAV 4.3sp1

aamollaamoll Member Posts: 42
i am trying to open my 4.3sp3 database in windows-7 it shows me message of conversion of database.The same database is open in another operating system without conversion.Is any patch fie is available for windows7 ?

Comments

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    Just check the build no. of Client in both systems..
  • KisuKisu Member Posts: 381
    The Navision client you are using on the Windows 7 computer is newer than on that other computer, if you convert the database you cant connect to it with the older build client.

You can see the client build version if you browse to your client folder and open the finsql.exe or fin.exe properties and select the information tab, under there you can see the product version number 4.3.buildnumber
    Make sure you use same builds on both computers or you have to update every client to same level as on the windows 7 compy
    K.S.
  • manisharma31manisharma31 Member Posts: 285
    Is the installation done on both the operatiing system done from same setup or you downloaded a new setup of navision.
    Regards,
    Manish
  • aamollaamoll Member Posts: 42
    The installation done on both the operatiing system done from same setup.
  • kash387kash387 Member Posts: 111
    Hi aamol,

Lastly what I know, there are two setup for NAV 4.0SP3 given from Microsoft.
    One for Microsoft Windows XP OS and
    Second for Microsoft Vista or onwards (i.e. 7).

Even, you can (right)click on fin.exe or finsql.exe, go to properties, click on compatibility mode and select run this program compatibility mode for and select the XP OS from dropdown list.

I used to do this after installing 4.0 in windows Vista OS. So you can try if you have dont...!!
    Thanks,

Kashyap
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    aamoll wrote:
    The installation done on both the operatiing system done from same setup.

Did you check the Build No in both PC's?