Hide Zero Total Amount Rows in Analysis By Dimension

shahidtshahidt Member Posts: 61
Is it possible to use some technique to hide rows that have Zero Total Amount in the Analysis By Dimension Report? In some cases, we have many blank lines in Analysis By Dimension, and it become cubersome to export the data into excel to see values > 0 <.

Appreciate any input.

Answers

• abhinav0408abhinav0408 Member Posts: 35
    just write code both for your report and in b/w export to excel format
    if total amount =0 then
    curreport.showoutput(false);
  • shahidtshahidt Member Posts: 61
    Hi Abhinav, thank you for your response. Can you please be more specific on your recommendation. To avoid any confusion, I wish to to mention that I am working with Form #554, and not the "Dimensions - Detail" nor "Dimensions - Total" reports that can't be drilled into.

Thanks for your time.
  • KisuKisu Member Posts: 381
    Have you tried to add new filter like on the filters tab on that form?
    Empty lines could be filtered with <>''
    K.S.
    Unfortunately the Filter is not available for the "Total Amount" column. One of my main problem with a C/AL approach is that I can't figure out where the data is getting populated. I guess, it is writing to the "Analysis Dimension Buffer" table and deleting all the info immediately. If I can, I can set the filter at that point itself.
    I saw this thread, but can't seem to get the code in there working...

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=44529&start=0
    If anyone is interested, I got this working in Form 554 and Page 9249 (Analysis by Dimension base objects), by simply doing a amount check on the "Total Amount" column before the record for the martrix is initialized, and based on user input, I hide the Zero values.

It was quite simple once I got the logic behind how the system computed the Analysis by Dimension.