Migration from Nav 4 SP2 to NAV 2009 SP1

MarocNavNoobMarocNavNoob Member Posts: 31
Hello everybody,
i'm working on a migration from Nav 4 sp2 to Nav 2009 SP1 and i'm using the upgradetoolkit available on partnerSource. but i'm facing some problems and need your opinions.
environement OS : XP SP3 since NAV 4 sp 2 don't run on vista and seven
db : sql server 2005 standard edition.

here how i proceeded.
1- since the old database doesn't contain a lot of specific developement: few tables and colon that were added. i tought there is no need to use the merge process described in the upgrade toolkit guide so i exported the specific object in a fob file and i will use them after finishing the upgrade process.
2- i've made a backup of the old database
3- i've created a new database in the 2009 client and restored the backup.
4- i've imported the upgrade 1 available on partner source and run it using the form 104001
first step : transfer data (its runs well)
second step : delete objects (its runs well too)
5- i've imported all the objects from the demo database 2009 which i've stored in a fob file.
in this step i got a message box with a message telling a form is already existing in the database. i tought it was not a problem. so i passed
6 - i've imported the upgrade 2.
when i run the form and try to transfert data its gives me this error tableData 5823 doesn't exist, so i tried to import it from the demo database, when i run it next time it gives me tableData 1001 doesn't exist.

my question is : is the way i'm trying to upgrade is a correct one? and why while i've imported all the objects from the 2009 demo database i found that some objects are missing ?

thank you,
ps : sorry for my english its not perfect.

Comments

• veeraviveeravi Member Posts: 66
    Hi,
    Check for any customisation/development was done on NAV 4. Based on, you need to work on...!
  • MarocNavNoobMarocNavNoob Member Posts: 31
    hi,
    i've checked all the customization and i've removed them ( tables , colomn, fields) but still it doesn"t work .
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    1- since the old database doesn't contain a lot of specific developement: few tables and colon that were added. i tought there is no need to use the merge process described in the upgrade toolkit guide so i exported the specific object in a fob file and i will use them after finishing the upgrade process.
    So you decided to import 4.0SP2 objects after finishing the upgradation?
    If yes, it is not right, the bug fixes and new functionalities of NAV2009SP1 will be removed by doing this.
    you have to merge the 4.0SP2 customizations in to NAV2009SP1 database
    5- i've imported all the objects from the demo database 2009 which i've stored in a fob file.
    in this step i got a message box with a message telling a form is already existing in the database. i tought it was not a problem. so i passed
    may be you have 2 forms with same name,check this and also check all the objects imported
    6 - i've imported the upgrade 2.
    when i run the form and try to transfert data its gives me this error tableData 5823 doesn't exist, so i tried to import it from the demo database, when i run it next time it gives me tableData 1001 doesn't exist.

my question is : is the way i'm trying to upgrade is a correct one? and why while i've imported all the objects from the 2009 demo database i found that some objects are missing ?

Are you sure that you have imported NAV2009SP1 objects only, why because these 2 objects which you have mentioned are introduced after 4.0SP1
  • MarocNavNoobMarocNavNoob Member Posts: 31
    hi mohana,

1 - since there is no developpement only tables and columns i tought i'll remove them ,do the migration and recreate them after finishing migration and use a dataport for the data
    6 - i'm sure i toke the object from a demo database this way : i selected all object and exported them in a fob file , i think how its done

for the merge , do i have to follow the documentation available on partner source in the upgrade toolkit, because i have a problem with the remove id tool