Deletion of master data with ledger entries

suejvr18suejvr18 Member Posts: 6
Hi can someone please help, does Nav allow you to delete any master data when it contains ledger entries?

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    what master data are you talking about?
    BTW, no: nav generally does not allow it
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • suejvr18suejvr18 Member Posts: 6
    I am talking about Customer master data, as far as I know standard Nav doesnt allow you to delete a customer if there are ledger entries/history linked to it, we have a user who have deleted a whole lot of customer's and the Nav company who does the development for us says its standard nav that allows you to delete customers/vendors with history on them.
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    suejvr18 wrote:
    Hi can someone please help, does Nav allow you to delete any master data when it contains ledger entries?
    It is not possible..
    why do you want to delete Customer?
    Never delete any data from navision untill you want to mess up with lot of problems
  • suejvr18suejvr18 Member Posts: 6
    That I know, but i have the proof, for some reason Nav doesnt validate that there are history linked to it and allowed the user to delete customers with ledger entries.
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    oh, customers...in that case the thing is more complicated: there are some conditions to respect (e.g. entries closed etc etc., i don't remember).
    anyway, the entries are not really deleted: they're modified, setting the customer no. as blank if i remember well
    Bad thing to do in my opinion, but it should work
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog