Options

Automating Internet Explorer from RTC

AndersaaAndersaa Member Posts: 15
edited 2011-06-07 in NAV Three Tier
Hi Guys,
is it not possible to automate internet explorer (Microsoft Internet Controls) from RTC ?
I just keeps getting an automation error :-(

I need to open specific webpage containing a form, inject values via DOM and submit form.

Anyone knows what to do?

/Anders

Comments

• Options
    vaidinvaidin Member Posts: 4
    Check Customer Card.
    There you have the button that links to Customers homepage.
    Use the same code to link to the page you want!
  • Options
    I know about the hyperlink command, but i need to interact with the webpage opened !
    It is no problem i classic with Microsoft Internet Controls and Microsoft HTML Document Object.

/Anders
  • Options
    deV.chdeV.ch Member Posts: 543
    You could write an assembly that uses the WebBrowser .NET Component. But i'am not sure if this is what you're looking for.
  • Options
    deV.ch wrote:
    You could write an assembly that uses the WebBrowser .NET Component. But i'am not sure if this is what you're looking for.

Sound more like it... could you point me further in that direction ?

Problem is that you cannot code a .dll because its not possible to use Internet Controls inside such.

/Anders
  • Options
    I'am thinking of a DLL that uses an invisible instance of the webbrowser Control. This should be possible. Do you need futher information? If so on what specific?
  • Options
    deV.ch wrote:
    I'am thinking of a DLL that uses an invisible instance of the webbrowser Control. This should be possible. Do you need futher information? If so on what specific?

Already tried, but it seems like it's not possible (c# user class) :-(
    But does anyone hold information that says other, then i'm all ear...

/Anders
  • Options
    Why is it not possible? What have you tried?
  • Options
    I have now written the .dll in VB6 , works fine from classic, but when i call it from RTC i get an Permission Denied error.

Is there some special permissions to be aware off when accessing custom .dll's from RTC ?

/Anders
  • Options
    No one with ideas ?

The permission denied error is raised inside my dll when i try to use the shdocvw's navigate command.

/Anders