i have a question in NAV RTC Security role
for example i have 2 staffs
1 for warehouse, and i give him role as warehouse
1 for sales,and i give him role as order processor
and off course they cannot see each other reports
for example warehouse staff cannot see what sales report
this is what i know

and then i read the book from microsoft itself about reporting
that we can access report using command prompt or use run command, something like this
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\RoleTailored Client\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe" DynamicsNAV:////runreport?report=50000

my question is....
how about if the warehouse staff using this command to open the sales report?
is he still able to open the report?
thanks

Comments

• Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    As long as the user is accessing objects through a NAV client (Classic or RTC) then the permissions stored in NAV are used. So if a user doesn't have access to Report 50000, if they try to access report 50000 through NAV, Classic or RTC or Command Line or whatever, they cannot get to it.

You should be able to test this out pretty easily by creating a temporary user.
  • Options
    julkifli33julkifli33 Member Posts: 1,073
    matttrax wrote:
    As long as the user is accessing objects through a NAV client (Classic or RTC) then the permissions stored in NAV are used. So if a user doesn't have access to Report 50000, if they try to access report 50000 through NAV, Classic or RTC or Command Line or whatever, they cannot get to it.

You should be able to test this out pretty easily by creating a temporary user.
    when i execute the code
    nav didn't prompt me the anything, authentication
  • Options
    Peter_Wibeck_[MSFT]Peter_Wibeck_[MSFT] Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 78
    To run a command as different user from command line simple press shift and right click on command line in the start menu. You should now have the option to "Run as different user" visual in the drop down window. Tested on windows 2008 R2 and windows 7, similar way to run as different user exist in other version of windows (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/294676).

Now all command executed from the command line will use the selected users credentials.
    “This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.”

Peter Wibeck
    Software Development Engineer in Test
    Dynamics NAV Server and Installer team
    http://blog.wibeck.org/