Cannot Add Windows Login Although Has Deleted User in SQL

johannajohanna Member Posts: 369
edited 2011-05-31 in NAV Three Tier
Dear All,

I am using NAV 2009 R2 with 3-tier architecture :
server 1 : database server & classic client
server 2 : NAV service server
terminal server : RTC

In windows login, I have added some domain user account. Then, I got error for one user only when I open RTC with that user : "The login failed when connecting to SQL Server XXXXX". When I checked in SQL Server Management Studio, that user has been added in my database that is accessed by RTC. So, I tried to delete that user in windows login, security user database, & security login SQL. But, when I try to add that user to windows login again, the result is error ".. the current user already exist .."
When I checked the SQL Server, that user already exist again in security user & security login although I have been deleted that user before..!! How could this happen?
When I try to run RTC again with this situation, now the error result : "User ID & Password are invalid." I know this error is happen because that user has not been in the windows login again after I deleted it.
How to add that user to windows login again? Please help... Thank you.
Best regards,

Johanna

Answers

• Options
    PinkyPinky Member Posts: 13
    Have you tried to add in NAV Classic with SQL..?
    Tools -> Security -> Windows Login and then u add your account..
  • Options
    johannajohanna Member Posts: 369
    Hi Pinky,

Thanks for your reply.. I have tried to add the windows account in NAV Classic with SQL and it is failed with error "user,group,or role XXXXX already exist in the current database".
    Anyway, I have got the solution to this issue. I cannot add windows account just because that account already exist in master table. After I delete that account in master table, I can add that account in the windows login successfully.. :)
    Best regards,

Johanna