Pre Post option for Sales

fmhiguefmhigue Member Posts: 290
Hi everybody:
My customer is requering a development for Pre-Posting. Basically Pre-Posting will do all checking that Post does but not table is going to be affect it. Once a document is Pre-Post no changes will be allow. Once the automated processes finishes then a regular post wil be perform.
The customer is using Nav 5.0.

Thank you a lot.

Any idea.

Comments

• themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    Not a developer, just an average end user, since no one else has answered, if I were looking to have something like this, I would ask my developer to modify the Sales Order Release Function to run the posting checks you are looking for. and then you could simply remove the option to re-open a sales order, or modify the code on the reopen so that only authorized people could do it.

the release function already stops further changes from being made to the detail lines, so part of the problem is done with standard Navision, the developer would only have to run the posting checks.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    There is a way, but must be implemented only if really needed and with knowledge how it works. Description is simple:

Call the posting but skip all commits, after that call ERROR to rollback. But of course, this process is not "cheap", it leads to locking etc. like standard posting and thus could be possible performance problem. And you must be sure that there is no commit left in the process, e.g. which is called only under some circumstances...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • rmv_RUrmv_RU Member Posts: 119
    Looking for part-time work.
    Nav, T-SQL.