Options

Report from ReportServer in RTC

pferreirapferreira Member Posts: 22
edited 2011-05-26 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,
Is is possible to have a report published on a report server? Ex:
http://LOCALHOST/Reportserver/Report.rdl(c)

Can I show it embedded on the RTC client? (using the report url, or what ever...)
From what i've seen when we design a report from the NAV report designer and make it a report server it saves it as an rdlc file. I assume the RTC client has a ReportViewer C# component to interpret the report layout.

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You cannot use RDLS with SSRS, and NAV have nothing with SSRS. It means that
    From what i've seen when we design a report from the NAV report designer and make it a report server it saves it as an rdlc file.
    Is a cake (sorry, lie) :-) You do not need report server for NAV, it is using client-side reporting components.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    I'm sorry, but NAV 2009 does have reports from Reporting Services.
    http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=1047

What I would like know is if I can embbed an already created report on NAV (like CRM does it).
  • Options
    No, it doesn't, trust me. The SSRS is NOT USED in standard NAV 2009. NAV 2009 only use the Report Viewer and Visual studio to run and design RDLC file. Nothing more!

The video is talking about SSRS in first part, but it is only about SSRS project created over NAV SQL data! But it is not using NAV 2009 on business logic level, only on data level! Second part is about NAV 2009 and the report designer embeded in NAV, but it have nothing with SSRS, only that RDLC is used to describe the layout and to run the report in the report viewer!
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    kine wrote:
    NAV 2009 only use the Report Viewer and Visual studio to run and design RDLC file. Nothing more!
    That is what I was trying to say. I know the RTC client somehow reads the RDLC file and shows it's output.

My question is if there is a way to do make it run a Report (in RDLC format) published on SSRS?
  • Options
    No, it cannot, SSRS is not able to process RDLC, only RDL. RDLC is for client side... You can embed RDL report in NAV only through embeding webpage with the report into some addin in RTC. But SSRS cannot process RDLC...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.