Move controls in a report at once

cifcif Member Posts: 6
Hi,

anyone knows of a tool that is able to move all controls in a report in one step to the right?
Something like: Export the report in text format, let the tool read the text file and manipulate the controls' positions and write to an new file, then import again to NAV.

The reason for this is a customer's report header bitmap that goes over the full width of the report.
If I do it manually I set the left margin to zero and move all controls to the right, section by section... :roll:

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Just highlight all of the controls in the section and drag them to the right. You don't have to do them one by one.
  • cifcif Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for your hint, but I know that.
    I have to change 8 reports with about 20-30 sections each and even doing it section by section it takes too much time (to make me happy).
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I would just make sure that the customer is aware of the time it will take to modify all of the reports. They might want to just slightly resize their logo instead. You'd have to write your own text file parser to do move everything, which takes quite a while. I don't think there is a pre-built tool, as it is a pretty uncommon occurrence to have to do something like that.