Report request form window outside screen

stiastastiasta Member Posts: 106
Hello!
This is not really a big issue, but I thought it would be good to share it nevertheless.
Today I encountered a little annoyance.
I opened a report in Designer, then I opened the request form designer.
I then found that the request form window had moved up and to the left. So far that I was only able to see the very bottom of the form.

Solution:
I found that when you make the report design window small (Not maximized) and open the request form designer.
It should now be possible to see the whole request form.

If there is other solutions or variations of this problem, I welcome you to reply.

Comments

• einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    If you press Alt key then left arrow key and then downwards arrow key it should display a menu of the current form and one of the menu's options is to move the form.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • stiastastiasta Member Posts: 106
    If you press Alt key then left arrow key and then downwards arrow key it should display a menu of the current form and one of the menu's options is to move the form.

Not when the Request form designer is maximized.

The problem is not that the window is out of screen. It is the content that is shifted outside the screen. I guess the topic is a bit misleading.
    The content is shifted outside the screen?! I've never seen that one. Must be a :bug:.
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    You've never seen it, I've seen it load's of times. Not just the request form, but every systemform.
    Toolbox, !!loginwindow!!, fontbox, ... (every form not contained by the main mdi form of NAV) all of them move a bit up every time you open and close them. Very annoying but I've learned to anticipate it's movements.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
    I've seen it many, many times that the toolbox or the login window has moved outside the visible screen. That's what I thought of when I said "use its movement function". But as far as I understand stiasta it's only about the content of a certain form. Not the form itself.
    I read the posts again and now I think I understand what is meant. It's about when a form is bigger than the current screen display part in NAV. When the form (in design mode) is maximized then you might not see all of its controls. Maybe that's what is meant?
  • stiastastiasta Member Posts: 106
    I read the posts again and now I think I understand what is meant. It's about when a form is bigger than the current screen display part in NAV. When the form (in design mode) is maximized then you might not see all of its controls. Maybe that's what is meant?

Ye, that is what I meant. Here is a sample screenshot
    This is only slightly shifted. Sometimes I can't see the top half of the form
    bla.png 18.8K