opening Email interaction with Office 2010 and Nav 4.0 SP3

derkderk Member Posts: 11
I am running Navision 4.0 SP3 and i am unable to open email interactions. It gives me a NSappHandler error.

I have come across this following information -

Email logging is dependent on CDO, which is not supported in Office 2010. Please read http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028411. A possible workaround has been identified by manual installing CDO in combination with KB229107, but it is recommended to stay on Office 2007 if email logging is required.

https://community.dynamics.com/product/nav/navtechnical/b/navteam/archive/2010/08/20/microsoft-dynamics-nav-compatibility-with-microsoft-office-2010-and-microsoft-sharepoint-2010.aspx

Will this work for Nav 4.0?

Comments

• derkderk Member Posts: 11
    Has no one attempted this with Nav 4.0 SP3 and Office 2010?
  • cifcif Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

so you are using e-mail logging, right?
    If I understand your posting correctly, the e-mails are logged and you get interaction log entries but you cannot open the e-mails?
    What error message exactly do you get?

I have a running installation with application version 3.70 and client version 2009 R2 without problems. On the client side Office 2010 is installed.
    This is the exact error.
  • cifcif Member Posts: 6
    Hm, doesn't help much.

Perhaps you could test it with technical version 2009, or just register the NSAppHandler-DLL of the 2009 version just to see if it helps.
  • herrlutzherrlutz Member Posts: 58
    as i understand the error message, this topic is about the client based MAPI interface NAV/ Standard Mail Client and NOT about the Exchange Server based interaction logging, isn´t it?
    Correct. I am trying to view an email message that was logged by a user.
  • herrlutzherrlutz Member Posts: 58
    if you write "logged" then you mean the Segment function in CRM, isn´t it?

This part of NAV is surely not the reason why customers buy NAV :cry: ... much too inflexible, and kills your client if you have big segments with Word serial letters....

at first i would recommend you to try if you can reproduce the error with a NAV2009 client. If so, then raise a support call in Partner Source.
    if this doesn´t help, it may be an (effortous) alternative to technically update to NAV2009 and take the Codeunit 400 SMTP Mail from a 2009 database and replace the whole MAPI thing in your 4.0 db