Subforms and action button

lucianaluciana Member Posts: 43
Hi everyone!
I'm newbie in Dynamics Nav and on this forum.
I'm studying to get certification in Develop, and I'm practising with any kind of exercize in programming C\AL.
Now, I don't know how I can relate a field of a subform to another table: I would modify a value in a field in a table when I modify the same field in the subform. I think I should use flowfield but I don't know how. This value has to be modified when button OK is pressed . How can I call button action (that is in the main form) using the subform?
I apologize for my english.
Thanks,
regards
Luciana

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    if you go through the manual, you'll find it. I remember that in the chapter of forms, you start to create unbound forms, and then go for the "bound" forms.
    No "ok" button or whatsoever needed...just go ahead with the PDF ;)
    EDIT: wait, i probably misunderstood your question:
    you have a document-like form, and you want a subform pointing to table "A" that after some action has to modify another field on table "B"...well, if so little info, i cannot say what's the best way to do it. Maybe a validate is enough, or maybe you cannot use flowfields, or maybe you have to make a function and then call it somewhere else.
    Can you please give more details?
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • lucianaluciana Member Posts: 43
    hi,
    I have a form that looks like Purchase Order: I have a form header and then a subform who's related to.
    In Form Header I have 3 fields: Nro., Status (option) and Type (otion).

In Subform I have different fields, one of this has to modify a table similar to Item table. Both the fields show a number.

When "Status" is in one of the two options, I have to look at "Type".
    For Option 1 of "Type" , the field in subform has to modify the field in the other table so the number of this table has to decrease, for Option 2 of "Type , the number of the table has to increase.
    E.g.
    Table
    FieldTable

Field Subform
    Subform --> "Type" = option1 ---> THEN FieldTable = 10-5 =5
    ELSE IF "Type" = option2
    > THEN FieldTable =10+5 = 15

This has to happen when I press OK Button

So my question is:
    How can I execute action in subform when I press the button (that, in the form designer, belongs to the Form Header)?
    How can I relate the field of the subform with the field of the table, so the field of the table is modified ONLY when I press this button?
    I don't have read anything on the guide to C/AL, and I know that I could look at the database Cronus, but I don't have database Cronus and I don't know how to do this.
    I know that perhaps I should have only setup right table, as wharehouse or something similar, but I have to do this exercize to understand in a better way C/AL programming language.

Thanks
    Luciana
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    I don't have read anything on the guide to C/AL
    I don't have database Cronus
    Ok, you are missing 2 basic requirements to give an exam :?
    I think that anyone will find hard time to help you because you're basically asking a step by step guide to solve your problem (honestly, i don't know with what suggestion to start with, it's like starting from zero). You should build a base knowledge of C/SIDE (not C/AL, but C/SIDE in general) before trying these things (and if i understood you requirement correctly, it's not that easy...it's not hard, but definitely not easy, if you just started learning NAV).
    Isn't there a senior developer to help you?
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • lucianaluciana Member Posts: 43
    Isn't there a senior developer to help you?

No, I don't.