Alternate unit function available in Navision 2009 sp1??

rinki123rinki123 Member Posts: 367
Hi Experts,

Is Alternate unit function available in Navision 2009 sp1?? I want to make 2 unit of measure,1 is number and 2nd one is packet,now I am creating an Item and its Base unit of measure=Number and another unit is Packet and 1 Packet=100 Numbers for same Item,and in transaction level I'll choose any one of them,but I want Inventory tracking as per both unit of measure.
Regards,

Rinki

Comments

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    We can create 2 Unit Of measure codes for same item and select one as base unit of measure..this is the basic functionality only..
  • rinki123rinki123 Member Posts: 367
    We can create 2 Unit Of measure codes for same item and select one as base unit of measure..this is the basic functionality only..

Can you explain it.
    Regards,

Rinki
    In Item card-->Click Lookup on Base unit of Measure..
    Select Number in first line and Set Qty. per Unit of Measure = 1
    Select pallet in second line and Set Qty. per Unit of Measure = 100

And select Number as Base Unit of measure.

While creating documents, you will get Number by default and you can select pallet also..

You can use Purch. Unit of Measure and Sales Unit of Measure also for Purchase and Sales separately.
  • rinki123rinki123 Member Posts: 367
    In Item card-->Click Lookup on Base unit of Measure..
    Select Number in first line and Set Qty. per Unit of Measure = 1
    Select pallet in second line and Set Qty. per Unit of Measure = 100

And select Number as Base Unit of measure.

While creating documents, you will get Number by default and you can select pallet also..

You can use Purch. Unit of Measure and Sales Unit of Measure also for Purchase and Sales separately.

Kindly note my refined query as below -
    I want to use 2 to 3 units for one Item in one Transaction level and ratio of conversion is varying from transaction to transaction.

Like;One Metal Item I have Purchased in 9,000 KGS. the invoice carries the figure 9,000 kgs. where as the actual wt rec is 9100kgs. also this item is rec in the form of sheets.the no of sheets rec is 1000 nos.
    Now when we post this purchase invoice transaction i want to record all the following. invoice qty for invoice calc at 9,000 kgs, actual stock inward at 9,100kgs and 1000 sheets in nos. all three incoming figure to be noted with the posting of this purchase transaction.

Kindly note that the ratio of kgs/sheet is not fixed and it will vary from transaction to transaction.
    Regards,

Rinki
    may be you need to customize just like currency factor based on date :-k
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Warehouse management have the functionality of dual unit of measure. If you don't want to use Dual Unit of measure then you need to customize the standard NAV a bit. There are lot of post on the forum and as far as I remember somebody replied with a very good example of Meat Shop. But looking at your posting over some period now I am of the opinon that you must take help from some senior to resolve the issue.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in