To delete a field runtime

AsiriAsiri Member Posts: 26
Hi, I want to delete some fields on run time. Is it possible to do ? (Any functions ?)

Comments

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    What do you mean by delete fields?

You want to delete fields from table at run time? then it is not possible..

Can you tell me the scenario why do you need this?
  • AsiriAsiri Member Posts: 26
    This is relevant to the upgrade from V4 to 2009. There are some fields in the T-13 ("Outlook Tasks Folder Path" - 5087) which are not in the 2009. So when we are importing the merged objects it's giving license error when deleting the field. Through the coding if we can delete the field then we can delete the irrelavant fields before import the merge objects.
  • ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    You can delete fields using Field table on runtime. But this is not a recommended practice and you should avoid doing this kind of modifications because of the unpexcted side effects.
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    Asiri wrote:
    There are some fields in the T-13 ("Outlook Tasks Folder Path" - 5087) which are not in the 2009.
    For rmy understanding. Microsoft has deleted this field and you still want to keep it in NAV 2009?
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    I think you've posted 2 posts about this subject. If this subject is related to upgrade you should better continue this issue in your other post. (This title is confusing.)
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft