Options

Fatal error during installation of NAV 2009 R2

mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
edited 2011-06-15 in NAV Three Tier
I have NAV 2009 SP1 installed in my Laptop.
Now I am trying to install NAV 2009 R2, for this I have done following steps..

1) Uninstalled from Control Panel and Setup.exe
2) Deleted Microsoft Dynamics NAV Folder from C:\Program Files (x86)
3) Restarted Laptop
4) Ran setup.exe from R2 DVD folder

Now the error message is attached

and Microsoft Dynamics Server service is not installed in Services..

If I try to install Service manually it is displaying
[Window Title]
Windows Installer

[Main Instruction]
Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel.

[OK]

If I look at Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel, I found nothing related to NAV 2009 SP1..

FYI:I am the administrator of Laptop.

What am I missing? :-k

Answers

• Options
    yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
    Hi mohana_cse06,

How about your SP1 Old Database? Are u remove or rename it?
    Make Simple & Easy
  • Options
    Renamed..but still does it make any difference?
    If database is already there, it will show below error related to database..
  • Options
    postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    hey mohan,

Don't Run Setup.exe from the Navision 2009 R2 DVD.

Try using Autorun.exe from the DVD. By using this it will install all pre-requisites required for Navision R2.

Regards
    Saurav Dhyani

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page
  • Options
    Hi Saurav,

I tried to install it from Autrun also..bur the result is same. :(
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    where's the setup.exe placed? i mean, the exact path.
    I have had problems with setup because i placed it in a "deep" folder (e.g. the desktop folder). It seems that the installer doesn't like long paths. Try to move the installer under your C:\ folder (which is the shortest one ;) )
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    mmh...too bad..did you mess up something with the installation folder?(like substituting some files etc?)
    did you already try to redownload a fresh installer?
    and also, did you find the nav server folder in the installation folder?
    it seems that it doesn't exist or you can't access it. (did you already figure out this? :mrgreen::mrgreen: )
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    No. I didnt Substitute any files..
    I tried by re-extracting the zup files also..

I found ServiceTier folder in that dvd and as i mentioned above if i try to manually run Microsoft Dynamics NAV Service.msi, i am getting
    [Window Title]
    Windows Installer

[Main Instruction]
    Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel.

[OK]
  • Options
    Peter_Wibeck_[MSFT]Peter_Wibeck_[MSFT] Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 78
    Just to clarify some minor misunderstanding from Saurav. Autorun.exe will only give you some additional web links compared to setup.exe, and when you click on install setup.exe is launched. Setup.exe is responsible for all installation even pre-requisites.
    postsaurav wrote:
    hey mohan,

Don't Run Setup.exe from the Navision 2009 R2 DVD.

Try using Autorun.exe from the DVD. By using this it will install all pre-requisites required for Navision R2.

Regards
    Saurav Dhyani
    “This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.”

Peter Wibeck
    Software Development Engineer in Test
    Dynamics NAV Server and Installer team
    http://blog.wibeck.org/
  • Options
    And now to the actual problem. It seems like your un installation did not work correctly. Take a look under registry key (32 bit OS) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall or (64 bit OS) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall for any NAV related products. NAV 2009 SP1 server product key is {00000000-0000-6001-0022-0000836BD2D2}. If you find this key or similar key starting with {00000000-0000-6001... you know that the un installation did not work correctly for some reason. To fix this problem I would try to:
    1. Re install NAV 2009 SP1
    2. Run repair from the installer
    3. Un install the product
    4. Verify that all files are removed from C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    5. Run NAV 2009 R2 installer again
    If this fail you can try the dirty trick by deleting the product from registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall or corresponding 64 bit path) followed by a repair of NAV 2009 R2. It's not a supported way to-do it but it may solve your problem.

Peter Wibeck
  • Options
    Hi Peter,
    THanks for the reply..i will try and let you know the result..
  • Options
    "Peter wrote:
    "]And now to the actual problem. It seems like your un installation did not work correctly. Take a look under registry key (32 bit OS) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall or (64 bit OS) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall for any NAV related products. NAV 2009 SP1 server product key is {00000000-0000-6001-0022-0000836BD2D2}. If you find this key or similar key starting with {00000000-0000-6001... you know that the un installation did not work correctly for some reason. To fix this problem I would try to:
    1. Re install NAV 2009 SP1
    2. Run repair from the installer
    3. Un install the product
    4. Verify that all files are removed from C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    5. Run NAV 2009 R2 installer again
    If this fail you can try the dirty trick by deleting the product from registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall or corresponding 64 bit path) followed by a repair of NAV 2009 R2. It's not a supported way to-do it but it may solve your problem.

Hi Peter Wibeck,

I have tried all your suggestions including dirty trick ( :) )but still no luck.. :(
    Will download R2 build again and try..
  • Options
    Downloaded 32012(I hope this is the latest build available) build from partner source and tried.. still could not succeeded
  • Options
    Do you still get the same error message as in your first post?

Peter Wibeck
  • Options