Program License dose not allow to delete the table fields

AsiriAsiri Member Posts: 26
Hi, When doing the upgrade from V4SP3 to 2009, we have used the merging tool to compare and merge the objects. After merging the objects when trying to import the text file to the V4 converted DB system is give the following error "Your program license does not permit you to delete the Outlook Tasks Folder Path field in the Salesperson/Purchaser table". The reason is when trying to import it's trying to delete the specified field from the table but license is not allowing.

Are there any ways to overcome this ?

Comments

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    I hope Outlook Tasks Folder Path field is not a customized field(range 50000-99999).

First import the FOB file of 2009 objects and then the merged objects..
  • AsiriAsiri Member Posts: 26
    Hi Mohana, Thks for yr reply. What u ment was to import the 2009 tables objects in fob format into the version 4 which was opended in 2009 ? I tried this today but it's not possible to import the 2009 objects before merge since there are some incompatibilities poping up. There should be some standards in Microsoft to do this kind of upgrade since this should be a common problem I guess. Please instruct.
  • ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    If this field is not used in 2009 version and you don't require it, then it shouldn't exist in the merged object. If this field exist in 2009 version then it should exist in the merged object. It seems like you're trying to import an object which doesn't include a standard field in target version.
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 366
    Asiri wrote:
    "Outlook Tasks Folder Path field in the Salesperson/Purchaser table".
    This field is not available from NAV 5.1(mine is W1). Strange, the Solutions Developer license doesn't have permission to delete?
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."
  • ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    slmaluwa wrote:
    Asiri wrote:
    "Outlook Tasks Folder Path field in the Salesperson/Purchaser table".
    This field is not available from NAV 5.1(mine is W1). Strange, the Solutions Developer license doesn't have permission to delete?

You can't delete standard fields with dev. license. You have to handle this issue in the merge process.
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
  • matteo_montanarimatteo_montanari Member Posts: 189
    Asiri wrote:
    Hi, When doing the upgrade from V4SP3 to 2009, we have used the merging tool to compare and merge the objects. After merging the objects when trying to import the text file to the V4 converted DB system is give the following error "Your program license does not permit you to delete the Outlook Tasks Folder Path field in the Salesperson/Purchaser table". The reason is when trying to import it's trying to delete the specified field from the table but license is not allowing.

Are there any ways to overcome this ?

Hi

Copy your custom fields from your customized 4SP3 to your Nav2009, make a FOB from Nav2009 and then import it with "replace" method.
    Don't import a txt file object, it can't delete standard Fields.

Bye

Matteo
    Reno Sistemi Navision Developer