Select the serial number from the chosen BIN

snehasneha Member Posts: 191
We are using Nav 5.0SP1 (Native). Here is my scenario. Item is setup with SN specific tracking. Bin is mandatory for both inbound and outbound transactions. Available inventory is 5 qty in bin A and 5 qty in bin B. Now, I have created a sales order for the same item by selecting the bin as A on the sales line. Navigated to Item tracking lines to select the serial number, here I can see total 10 serial numbers (both A and B bin serial numbers) and system allows me to select the serial number from the bin B. How can I control it? System should allow me to select only from A when I choose A as my BIN on the sales line.

Note: we are not using warehouse pick and put-away...

Thanks for your help..

Comments

• dipakpatel2505dipakpatel2505 Member Posts: 169
    Hello,

Item Tracking works on Item Ledger Entry and ILE doesnot have "Bin Code" and It does not work on Warehouse Entry.

1) Coding is done there to pass Bin Code but appropriate data is not passed for BIN Code so first check it and pass Bin Code on Form 6510 and Codeunit 6501 in functions called during Lookup of "Serial No" or Using select entries.

2) Then You need to do customization(Mostly in Codeunit 6501) so that before inserting record in "Entry Summary" table, You need to check which Serial Nos are avaialable in selected Bin in Sales Line and allow them to insert.

I hope this will help you.

With Best Regards,
    Dipak Patel
  • geronimogeronimo Member Posts: 90
    Hello,

Item Tracking works on Item Ledger Entry and ILE doesnot have "Bin Code" and It does not work on Warehouse Entry.

Afaik there is a tick (SN warehouse tracking) in the item tracking setup to take serial numbers to the warehouse entries.
    if ticked it splits the ILE as well as the warehouse entries by serial number.
  • dipakpatel2505dipakpatel2505 Member Posts: 169
    Hi,
    Ya I know that Functionality but still there is no provision to allow to select only those Serial Numbers which are available in selected Bin on Sales Line.

There is code for it but approprite data (Bin Code) is not transfered to filter serial number for
    selected bins...

With Best Regards,
    Dipak Patel