Options

new Item, wrong No. Series

ReinhardReinhard Member Posts: 249
edited 2011-05-19 in NAV Three Tier
Hi...

We have several different no. series used for items. When creating a new item, it normally automatically uses the no. series from the item that was selected when you click New.
In RTC this doesn't seem to be working. No matter which record is selected it always uses the default item no. series.

Does it have to do with xRec and how RTC opens up a new window for the new record? How to fix it? This is a standard Nav code/feature.

onInsert you see this code:
IF "No." = '' THEN BEGIN
  GetInvtSetup;
  InvtSetup.TESTFIELD("Item Nos.");
  NoSeriesMgt.InitSeries(InvtSetup."Item Nos.",xRec."No. Series",0D,"No.","No. Series");
END;

Answers

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Yes, it's a known issue and I believe will be solved in next version. You can check knowledge base for any hot fixes available.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    ReinhardReinhard Member Posts: 249
    Hi Ara3n, thank you.

So the "New" button doesn't work very well. It's good that it's a known issue I guess but it's really rather unfortunate. In the meantime, until the next version comes out, I will look in to finding a workaround for the most important records.
    Or maybe there's a simple adjustment to user usage that could help?

I'm having some success using a single instance codeunit where I can store the no. series every time an item record is selected and then retrieving it when a new record is inserted.