Adding New fields to inv. Posting Buffer primary Key

sunnyksunnyk Member Posts: 280
Hi All,
I have added 2 Fields to Table 49 and added them to primary key so the total no of fields are now become 16 in the primary key. but when i tried to add another field to primary key and try to save it it throws me the error,

The Invoice Posting buffer table primary key exceeds the maximum of 16 coloumn in SQl server index.

Any suggestions on this. How can i avaoid to maintain SQLindex for this.

Comments

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    If I remember correctly, we can have 20 fields in primary key in native database and 16 fields in primary key in SQL database..
  • sunnyksunnyk Member Posts: 280
    Hi Mohan,
    Yes. But is there any way to overcome this.
  • rmv_RUrmv_RU Member Posts: 119
    sunnyk wrote:
    Hi All,
    I have added 2 Fields to Table 49 and added them to primary key so the total no of fields are now become 16 in the primary key. but when i tried to add another field to primary key and try to save it it throws me the error,
    The Invoice Posting buffer table primary key exceeds the maximum of 16 coloumn in SQl server index.
    Any suggestions on this. How can i avaoid to maintain SQLindex for this.
    You could increase size of some fields and concatenate values in one, but maximum size of any key is 256 bytes (both key fields and sumindex fields in key).
    Trick only for temporary tables: You able to calculate calcsums of any field with any filters, it doesn't matter if this field and filter fields included in key or not. May be it help you.
    Looking for part-time work.
    Nav, T-SQL.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Three Tier' forum to 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum]

In the primary key are both the "VAT xxx Posting Group" fields as "Tax *" fields. You do not need both. You can remove the ones you don't need to make place. But you also have to change some code to fix the posting.
    And you will have to redo that when you upgrade your version.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hello,

we have built a solution for this problem. It is part of our BuildingBlocks add-on, soon to be released.

with best regards

Jens