concurrent user question

buchhotbuchhot Member Posts: 116
Hi you NAV Guru's!

I hope you can help me with this because until now I did not find a clear answer to this.
As NAV uses concurrent users how will it handle these situations:

* One User opens the same NAV database twice (two screens and better overview, useful in some cases) -> How much licenses will be consumed - 1 or 2?
I hope just one.
* One User opens two different databases (we also have a demo-database which is copy of live system where users can try things before they do it in the live system)
I guess it must be two.

Maybe you can give me some help about that.

Looking forward to your answers and many thanks in advance to you.

Best wishes from Austria
Thomas
Thomas Buchholz
ekey biometric systems GmbH
4031 Linz
Austria
web: http://www.ekey.net

Answers

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    buchhot wrote:
    * One User opens the same NAV database twice (two screens and better overview, useful in some cases) -> How much licenses will be consumed - 1 or 2?
    I hope just one.
    I think it consumes 2 Licenses in this case
    buchhot wrote:
    * One User opens two different databases (we also have a demo-database which is copy of live system where users can try things before they do it in the live system)
    I guess it must be two.
    I think it consumes 1 License in Live database and 1 license in demo-database
  • ta5ta5 Member Posts: 1,164
    Hi

Case 1: One user opens the same db twice: 2 Licenses
    Case 2: One user opens test and live db: Imho the licenses are per db, so there is 1 license used for each session, but from 2 different pools. There may be a special case under sql if test and live db are on the same sql server instance.

Anyway, you can test it in your environment if you File, Database, Information.

Hope this helps.
    Thomas
  • buchhotbuchhot Member Posts: 116
    Hi mohana_cse06!

Wow, that was fast ;-)
    Many thanks for that.

As I just have one license imported into the server and so in the databases you think it uses 2 licenses in both the cases.
    Do you have any idea how to check that for sure, because as I understand you also are not 100 percent sure, right?

kind regards
    Thomas
    Thomas Buchholz
    4031 Linz
    Austria
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    ta5 wrote:
    Anyway, you can test it in your environment if you File, Database, Information.

You can test here under Sessions tab
  • buchhotbuchhot Member Posts: 116
    Hi ta5!
    Hi mohana_cse06!

Thank you both for the hint.

I tested with File -> Database -> Information and it is like you said.

As the databases are all on the same sql-server it in both cases uses two licenses.
    So for me the case is solved.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best wishes from Austria
    Thomas Buchholz
    4031 Linz
    Austria