Upgrade puzzler

ccbryan63ccbryan63 Member Posts: 115
Hi all. I'm in the middle of an upgrade from US 4.00 SP2 to US 2009 R2. This is the first run through, using a test copy of the DB.

I am at the point where I have restored the 4.00 backup into a new 2009 datbase, and I'm at upgrade step 6 -- running codeunit 104045 "Upgrade Nav 2009 Step 1" via form 104001. This form needs to be run (and its "Transfer Data" button clicked) for each Company. Here's my problem: this client has seven companies installed and active, and the "Transfer Data" button on form 104001 is disabled in five of them.

Looking at the properties for form 104011, its source table is Status Log; looking at Status Log I see that the problem seems to be with the "Orig. Product Version No." field, because while the two companies where the "Te fransfer Data" button was enabled say "US 4.00 SP2" , the other five companies have "US 3.60.A."

Huh????

In the live 4.0 database, Help > About shows US 4.00 SP2 (US 4.0 SP1) no matter which company is open.

So,

1. Is it possible for different companies in a single database to be in different versions? Could the previous upgrade have been somehow incomplete or partial?
2. What the heck do I do about this? Force the upgrade to continue by just changing the values in the Status Log table, or do I have to somehow upgrade the "3.6" companies separately?

Any help on this one would be tremendously appreciated.

Chandler

Answers

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Check how the value is created - based on what the system checked that the version is 3.60 or 4.00. When the companies are in same DB, they have same objects and thus same application version. There must be something different in data/setup that the version was detected incorrectly.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Three Tier' forum to 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!