Options

Undo shipment with G/L Account

shivenshiven Member Posts: 9
edited 2011-05-14 in NAV Three Tier
Dear All,

Sorry if my question has been posted.

I would like to know if it's possible to enable the "undo shipment/receipt" when we use a "G/L Account" and not an item ?
Someone said in another old post, "it's easy to enable"....

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Julien

Comments

• Options
    aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
    While i'm sure you COULD do it, you're better off posting it all the way through, then crediting it using Copy Document. User training is always the best course of action when the solution is simple.
  • Options
    Thanks. Your solution was my first reply (but she don't like credit notes :-) ).

When we try to undo receipt we have an error message "Undo Shipment can be performed only for lines of type Item. Please select a line of the Item type and repeat the proceure".

And undo shipment is easier than the credit notes...
  • Options
    aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
    again, not doing it the right way because someone "doesn't like credit notes" is not the right way to go about it. You can try modifying CU 5813, but it seems like an awful lot of work for the wrong reasons.
  • Options
    I have not the license to do that. I know the "doesn't like" is not a reason. But I don't know why we can't undo shipment or receipt a G/L Account.

It's like that.

Thanks for your help.

ciao.

Julien
  • Options
    AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    shiven wrote:
    But I don't know why we can't undo shipment or receipt a G/L Account.
    That is simply: "What to undo if the posted is G/L Account?. The posted G/L Account actually is not a ship/receive activities, so there are no need to undo, but maybe need to reverse, indeed :mrgreen:
    Regards,
    Andwian