Options

Business Notification in NAV 2009 SP1

ashbhardwajashbhardwaj Member Posts: 89
edited 2011-09-13 in NAV Three Tier
Hi
I am installing Business Notification On the system as per sonfig below:
(Ther is no such document available for NAV 2209 BN Installation so i am using the old one available for NAV 4)
Windows server 2003 SP2, SQL 2005,NAV 2009 SP1 UK on a single machine (all prerequisites is done)
while Instaling Business Notification server : it asks for Domain\user name & password which i have entered, then it asks for connect for (local host or another server) i have selected Local host. then it ask me a question: not sure why?
Question
The installation has detected that the existing Business Notification Server databases cannot be used. Click YES if you want to delete the existing Business Notification Server databases and create new Business Notification Server databases. Clicking NO will cancel the installation as it's not possible to continue without deleting the databases.
Yes No
I say yes , then it asks for SMTP server details which i have entered, now here for some reason it's not asking me about the Navision Database Information (like native or sql or Server Name/Database Name) simply jums to Setyp Type Complete or custom,
however it's installed & my bothe servrcies are running successfuly.
when i check my table 9801 Property Store it's still emty. & on running BN Client & connecting the server it's giving error
Business Notifications for Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic
The connection to the server ****** could not be completed. The server may be running under an account that is no longer valid, or the Web configuration file might be corrupted. Contact your system administrator.
OK

Please help
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ashbhardwajashbhardwaj Member Posts: 89
    Hi
    after lot's of problem atlast Business Notification is installed successfully & it's also working for time based & event trigger based already provided by Navision. it's sending mail to internal as well as external email id.

Now the Problem is: (i just want to create a new scheme let's say for when ever Item blocked it should sent email notification)
    I have created a xmlport & also a event in it. code is written onvalidate trigger on Blocked field & also in Business Management codeunit.
    i am able to create new scheme & able to subscribe it. when i try to crate a event on Item blocked field as true no emails generated :( no business notification log is there.
    however in Transmission logtable is having data init.

Then i try to do the following:
    1. Turn off the BusinessNotificationMessageBus Web service.
    2. Turn off the NS$BusinessNotificationInstance service.
    3. Itemcard click on Blocked as true
    4. Turning on the Web Service will move the messages to the messageStore table in the BusinessNotification database.
    5. Verify that the messages are created in the messageStore table and then turn on the NS$BusinessNotificationInstance service.
    noe message is moved to transmission log & no email is generated & no Log & no event error is there.

Please help
    Thanks
  • Options
    alokagrawal1909alokagrawal1909 Member Posts: 19
    Hi bharadwaj,

Today i am facing some problem in installing NAV business notification.
    I am facing exactly same problem as you have described.
    Please let me know how did you solve this... or if you can provide any pointers which helpde you..

Thanks in advance...