Options

How to remove drop-down menus? Go directly to advanced menu

VotucVotuc Member Posts: 206
edited 2011-05-10 in NAV Three Tier
Hi.

Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the drop-down quick menu on the Sales order Page for the Item No and go directly to the advanced menu? (See picture below). Where is this little menu located? What page/table? Thanks.

dropDownMenu.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    Why do you want to do this? Is it because the field shown is not sufficient enough?
    If yes, you could show more column you need by:
    1. Since it is Item table (ID 27), go to Object Designer, and then Design it.
    2. View | Field Groups
    3. On the Group field, you can add more field to show on the drop down.
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • Options
    VotucVotuc Member Posts: 206
    Andwian wrote:
    Why do you want to do this? Is it because the field shown is not sufficient enough?
    If yes, you could show more column you need by:
    1. Since it is Item table (ID 27), go to Object Designer, and then Design it.
    2. View | Field Groups
    3. On the Group field, you can add more field to show on the drop down.

Thank you Andwian. I will try this way and see if our client is happy with it.

They were also complaining that they have to scroll too much on the little drop-down menu -- this is why I was considering removing it totally and forcing it to go straight to the advanced menu. Can it be done?
  • Options
    You are welcome.
    Votuc wrote:
    They were also complaining that they have to scroll too much on the little drop-down menu -- this is why I was considering removing it totally and forcing it to go straight to the advanced menu. Can it be done?
    I experience the same problem too, actually, and never think about your idea, so never known about that.

Anyway why don't the user just type the code, or description to search it, instead of manually scroll down to it?
    Or maybe it is because sometimes the user do not know the No. or Description, and just want to look-around first?
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • Options
    pdjpdj Member Posts: 643
    They would still need to push "something" to open the window - why not tell your client that you fixed it and say they just have to push Ctrl+F4? 8)
    But please make sure they understand the benefits of changing the default filter column - this makes the drowpdown windows very usefull for most users.
    Regards
    Peter
  • Options
    pdj wrote:
    why not tell your client that you fixed it and say they just have to push Ctrl+F4?
    WOW! That's the oasis on the desert! =D>
    pdj wrote:
    But please make sure they understand the benefits of changing the default filter column - this makes the drowpdown windows very usefull for most users.
    Thanks for pointing this out.
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • Options
    MattKeyesMattKeyes Member Posts: 41
    Great find with Ctrl+F4. I'm still trying to find a comprehensive list of RTC keyboard shortcuts. Does anyone know of one?
  • Options
    JDVyskaJDVyska Member Posts: 179
    Votuc wrote:
    Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the drop-down quick menu on the Sales order Page for the Item No and go directly to the advanced menu? (See picture below). Where is this little menu located? What page/table? Thanks.

I did a write-up on how the DropDowns work a bit ago you can check out here.

MattKeyes wrote:
    Great find with Ctrl+F4. I'm still trying to find a comprehensive list of RTC keyboard shortcuts. Does anyone know of one?

In the RTC, open help, in the Index, look for keyboard shortcuts. That should get you not only the full list, but it lays out the RTC and classic ones. Very helpful if you're switching users from Classic to the RTC.
    JEREMY VYSKA
    CEO, Spare Brained Ideas, Göteborg, Sweden
    New (April 2021) Getting Started with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Book Available: "Your First 20 Hours with Business Central"
  • Options
    Mark_SmartMark_Smart Member Posts: 16
    Adding normal lookup code on the page overrides it fine. Always prefered to do with with properties than code though.

Would be useful, as sometimes you have a lookup to eg. Field table and can't modify the Field Groups.
  • Options
    RockWithNAVRockWithNAV Member Posts: 1,139
    Write the Code on OnLookup trigger instead of Table Relation Property. I think it will do your Job.