Possible to assign item charges partially to a receipt?

TomigsTomigs Member Posts: 86
Hello,

I have some costs to assign to only part of a reception line. Do you know a way to do it using the item charges functionality? If not, what is the alternative?

Example:
- On 01/05/11 I receive 100 units of product A.
- On 01/06/11 I sell 100 units of this product A.
- On 01/07/11 I receive an invoice from a vendor of 1000 €, for warehouse services, only to 50 units of the product A.

I don't know how to manage this charge to only 50 units of product A. Item charges only allow me to make the charge of the 1000 € to the entire entry of 100 units (they are received in one only line). This is bad for me because alters the value of my warehouse.

Do you know any way to solve this problem, usign item charges or other functionality?

Thanks very much!

Tomigs.

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    You don't have to use an item charge.

You could just do a revaluation journal to change the value of the inventory you want and do a G/L Account line instead of an Item Charge line.
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    Have you invoiced them? If not yet, then you can include the charge in the Purchase Invoice.
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • TomigsTomigs Member Posts: 86
    Thank you both for the answers!

Ok, I have discarded the use of the item charges and it would be possible to make invoices using G/L accounts as you suggested.

The problem is that I don't see how can I easilly use the revaluation journal to increment the value of part of the item ledger entry. I have an item ledger entry of 100 units and I ideally would add cost to just 50 of these 100 units (sorry I made a mistake in my example). Maybe it is possible to do it and I am just missusing the revaluation journal.

Andwian, I suppose you mean that when I make the purchase invoice of the 100 units, alter the cost so the items get the costs corresponding to the warehouse service. I suppose it is a possible solution but I think it has the same problem, since it will alter the cost of 100 units of my inventory and I just would like to change it in 50 units.

Thanks a lot.
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    Tomigs wrote:
    Andwian, I suppose you mean that when I make the purchase invoice of the 100 units, alter the cost so the items get the costs corresponding to the warehouse service. I suppose it is a possible solution but I think it has the same problem, since it will alter the cost of 100 units of my inventory and I just would like to change it in 50 units.
    No, I mean, when invoicing, you can split the line into 2 lines, 50 PCS with the adjusted cost, and 50PCS with the real purchase cost. \:D/
    Regards,
    Andwian