Options

Web service unable to read file from a network share

rbindinirbindini Member Posts: 27
edited 2012-06-08 in NAV Three Tier
Hello,
In NAV2009 SP1 i have made a webservice (code unit) for read a file and inport data into nav table.
If the file is on the same server of the MicrosoftDinamicsNavWS all is OK, if the file is on network share don't work with the following error:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Either the caller does not have the required permission or the specified path is read-only.

The service run with "Network Service" and for test i put on the share permission everyone full controll (also in file permission) on the network share.

How i cant sove the problem.

Thank everybody

Comments

• Options
    JDVyskaJDVyska Member Posts: 179
    Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if you're going to access shares on the network, you can't use the "Network Service" login. I'd try to see if you can get it to work with a domain user account instead.
    JEREMY VYSKA
    CEO, Spare Brained Ideas, Göteborg, Sweden
    New (April 2021) Getting Started with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Book Available: "Your First 20 Hours with Business Central"
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Try to add the permissions for the "domain\servername$" account (the server domain account).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    rotoflexrotoflex Member Posts: 14
    Hi,

Were you able to solve this problem? I'm currently having exactly the same issue. I've added permissions to network folder for machine account which runs NAV web service but it still does not work. I also tried running web service with domain account but that causes error:

"The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'Negotiate'. The authentication header received from the server was 'Negotiate gjeroigero....'"

Any ideas?
  • Options
    You need to enable delegation on the NST account to be able to delegate to file server, service CIFS.

see http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nav/archive/201 ... n-rtc.aspx
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    agerstromagerstrom Member Posts: 2
    Hi, Im have exactly the same problem as rotoflex. Did you ever solve this?
  • Options
    And have you tried what I wrote?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.