Cost of Raw Material (bi-product)

mgbalajimgbalaji Member Posts: 2
Hi,
I have a requirement as below, kindly let me know how we can map the solution in Navision 2009 SP1 to get teh cost automatically.
Consumption - Raw Material (RM)
Item A (330 mm) - 1 pc. Unit of Measure – PCS

Output - Finished Goods (FG)
Item C (80 mm) FG- 4 pcs. Unit of Measure – PCS
Item B (10 mm) RM - 1 pc. Unit of Measure – PCS

Requirement
They need 4 pcs of 80mm rod for sales. Hence the above item A (RM) is cut into 5 pcs. i.e. 4 pcs of 80 mm Item C is created along with 1 pc of 10mm Item B (bi-product). Item (RM) B can be re-used for other production.

My current Solutions
Solution 1
Use consumption journal, where user can select the item B and enter the quantity in minus and cost manually.

Solution 2
Use Inventory journal - Positive adjustment, where user can select the item B and enter the quantity and cost manually.

Is there is any better way to get the cost automatically for item B? i.e. How we can get the exact cost of 10mm to Item B from Item A, after allocating the necessary cost to Item C

Comments

• GiostGiost Member Posts: 7
    I think you can try this:

You could use a production family with 4 items C and 1 item B. You have to set up a BOM for each item (B and C) using item A as a component with a decimal value (I have tried the PCS).

Using backward flushing method and production order, you could automatically post the consumption when you post the output with the output journal.