Auto ask for Work Date

sdasguptasdasgupta Member Posts: 20
Hi,

I want to automatically ask for the work date while logging in to nav database (using companyopen() in CU1). is it possible ? how to call the system form to set the work date ? help required.

thanks.

Comments

• vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    You need to modify the function LogInStart();
    see what system does....

IF Glentry.ISEMPTY then
    WORKDATE = TODAY
    ELSE BEGIN
    Glentry.SETCURRENTKEY("Posting date");
    Glentry.findlast;
    WORKDATE = Glentry."posting date";
    END;
  • sdasguptasdasgupta Member Posts: 20
    Actualy my objective is to launch automatically (while logging in) the system form by which we set Work Date (Tools -> Work Date). While logging in user can change work date or can accept the default one.
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    this may be a bad idea..

You can try it by using Shell Commmands(Alt+T then W) which opens WorkDate Form
  • vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,139
    You cannot call the system form programmatically. You need to create yout own form or (not recommended) use an INPUT dialog.
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    You can accomplish this through training. Show the user how to change their work date. What reason is there to have it pop up automatically when they login? To me that's like saying for every user in sales the customer card and sales order forms should open automatically when they log in. Or the Chart of Accounts should open for every Finance user.
  • abhinav0408abhinav0408 Member Posts: 35
    You need to make a form having feild User defined workdate and pass the parameter to workdate by using function in CU 1 on LoginStart().This will help you to change WorkDate accordingly.
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    I agree with Mattrax. Before you go with the question of how to achieve your wish, maybe you could start with "what is your real problem? and why you should need this?".
    Since I think it is not a hard effort, to click Tools | Work Date, right? :)
    Regards,
    Andwian