Stock Variation

fahdfahd Member Posts: 226
Dear Experts,
In the item ledger entry table there are 2 different kind of Document numbers. Even though both are sales!!!

One is like "S0009-0000398" this is a sale document and normally all our shops are creating the same kind of series as a document no.

But there are another kind of sales series which is like this S0009-T1S09-12807. I can see also these ones as a sales document. BUT Since we have taken physical stock the sales series which are like S0009-T1S09-12807 they have lots of variations.

But normal one like the one i mentiond first those ones doesn't have to much variations.

My questions is that what is the difference between these 2 types of sale series & and why we are facing problems with sales items. with S0009-T1S09-12807 seriies why and when these kind of enteries take place.????? i

We are facing too much variations items with these series.

Thanks!
Fahd

Comments

• SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    Number series are part of the setup and defined per company.
    The numbers you describe mean nothing without context.
    I think that the document numbers you describe are posted sales shipments and posted sales invoices.
    When an sales invoice is posted with item lines without a reference to a shipment, the system will post the stock (item ledger entry) with the document number from the sales invoice. When shipping from a sales order then the item ledger entry will have a reference to the sales shipment.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|