Item Tracking - tracking the already posted line

DmitriySozinovDmitriySozinov Member Posts: 23
Hi guys,

I'm having a problem understanding the following issue and especially the way it can be solved.
There is a customer who is running NAV 2009 SP1 and is using Item Tracking functionality during sales/purchase activities.

Now the issue is, they have created a PO with one line for 15 items. After that, they received and invoiced 3 items without assigning serial/lot numbers in the Item Tracking Lines window. Some time later, they need to receive and invoice the other 12 items and would like to assign serial numbers on those 12 items. After the serial numbers are assigned, Item Tracking Window looks as follows:

itemtrackingwindow.png

When they try to post the PO the following error message appears:
erroryp.png

Screenshots on Flickr:
1) http://flic.kr/p/9GiJrd
2) http://flic.kr/p/9GfQ64

I have tried changing the Qty to Handle/Qty to Invoice in the Item Tracking form, but this did not help.

So, the question is - is it possible to post such PO and have the serial numbers assigned on the line?

Comments

• DmitriySozinovDmitriySozinov Member Posts: 23
    any ideas?
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    Where are the pictures?
    Regards,
    Andwian
    Andwian wrote:
    Where are the pictures?

ImageShack.us

I've updated the original post with Flickr links. Otherwise, please advice where should I upload the screenshots.
    please advice where should I upload the screenshots.
    [
    There is a section called upload section at the bottom of your post a reply page.
    Regards,
    Andwian
    That is because of you try to receive the remaining 12 PCS, while on the Item Tracking Line, you mention 15 PCS. That is unbalance.

[SOLUTION]
    You should change the Item Tracking Line into 12 PCS only.
    Regards,
    Andwian
    Andwian wrote:
    That is because of you try to receive the remaining 12 PCS, while on the Item Tracking Line, you mention 15 PCS. That is unbalance.

[SOLUTION]
    You should change the Item Tracking Line into 12 PCS only.

Hi, Andwian. Thanks for the reply.

I have tried the following:
    1) Remove 3 serial numbers from the Item Tracking Lines, so that only 12 are left ('option 1' attachment)
    2) Set Qty. to Handle (Base) and Qty. to Invoice (Base) to 0 on 3 serial numbers ('option 2' attachment)

And this did not work. Can you please clarify what do you mean under 'change the Item Tracking Line into 12 PCS only'.
    1.png 23.6K
    2.png 24.1K
    Post invoice for the 3 PCS. and then do like option 1, and then post receive and invoice for the 12 PCS
    Regards,
    Andwian
    Andwian wrote:
    Post invoice for the 3 PCS. and then do like option 1, and then post receive and invoice for the 12 PCS

But the 3 pieces are already received and invoiced, as I wrote in the first post. And when I try to do option 1 - the same error message appears - "The Qty. to Receive does not match the quantity defined in item tracking."
    I am just curious why you could post the initial 3 PCS successfully without entering the Serial No.

Could you please share the setup of the Item Tracking Code you use on your items?
    Regards,
    Andwian
    Andwian wrote:
    I am just curious why you could post the initial 3 PCS successfully without entering the Serial No.

Could you please share the setup of the Item Tracking Code you use on your items?
    I think this is because the setup of the Item Tracking Code used on items simply do not contain any checkmarks. Both Serial No. and Lot No. tabs are completely blank.

Thanks for your help, Andwian.
    My pleasure :D
    Regards,
    Andwian
    Andwian wrote:
    My pleasure :D

It would be even better, if the issue was solved :) I was just trying to inspire you :)
    I have checked the other NAV versions, down to NAV 5 (W1 and DK) - the same issue is present there. So I would appreciate any thoughts on it.
    Could you send the repro steps?
    Regards,
    Andwian
    Andwian wrote:
    Could you send the repro steps?

Yes, sure. I think I did that in the first message:

1. Create a new PO with one item line for 15 pcs.
    2. Receive and invoice 3 items without assigning serial/lot numbers.
    3. Assign 12 serial numbers using Item Tracking Lines.
    4. Try to receive and invoice the left 12 items