Production Planning

rico1931rico1931 Member Posts: 295
Can anyone point me to a good tutorial or process layout of how to do Production orders in NAV? for example how to go from Manufacturing Execution to creating a Manufacturing order and creating consumption to a finished job. Just any general direction to where to find this process would be useful.

Thank you!
-rico1931

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Three Tier' forum to 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• S0918423470S0918423470 Member Posts: 159
    Hi,
    The first you have to understand real Production Process. Depends on industry, we have different Prod. Processes.The easiest way you can start with Cronus DB, we product bicycle. This is simple , just combines all assemblies together.
    Assuming that, you have some Sales Order. You use Planning worksheet to calculate the plan. You will have plan about purchase order material if it need, to make a production order etc.
    After you check inventory for raw material, to buy or not. Make Prod. Order. Release, consumption RM, capacity etc.. Last step Output finished goods.
    You can collect all examples from Manufacturing course after that you build your own scenario i think it easy to start.
    Hope it helpful for you.
  • rico1931rico1931 Member Posts: 295
    Hi,
    The first you have to understand real Production Process. Depends on industry, we have different Prod. Processes.The easiest way you can start with Cronus DB, we product bicycle. This is simple , just combines all assemblies together.
    Assuming that, you have some Sales Order. You use Planning worksheet to calculate the plan. You will have plan about purchase order material if it need, to make a production order etc.
    After you check inventory for raw material, to buy or not. Make Prod. Order. Release, consumption RM, capacity etc.. Last step Output finished goods.
    You can collect all examples from Manufacturing course after that you build your own scenario i think it easy to start.
    Hope it helpful for you.

Thanks for the reply.. I'm currently using the Cronus DB and am familiar with the production process some what.. but the part im stuck at is where you have a released production order. I dont know whats next. How can i change the status of this production order to finished without getting the pop up that states that components are still missing from this production order. I just need to see a video or read documentation that takes this from step 1 to end.. these nav docs aren't helping.. oh well i will continue searching and reading.. thanks tho!
    -rico1931
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    The Help provides a good instruction on how to process a production order.

You can also download the detailed manual on manufacturing on eLearning.