Inter Company Transactions

MGrahamMGraham Member Posts: 2
edited 2001-06-04 in Navision Financials
I am interested in finding a solution to Navision's ability to handle intercompany transactions. It must provide for journals between companies without having to do any double entries, with the result of automatic balancing.

Comments

• JohnPJohnP Member Posts: 56
    I did this for item journals so that when company A passed items to company B. When A posted the journal, an identical reverse journal was created in B (positive adjustments to negative adjustments). You do this with the ChangeCompany command and write the journal recs into company B. However, I couldn't persuade Navision to post the journal in B.

It's a bit of a pig really because if you want to validate extensively, you have to change company on each table. Easiest thing is to have the same items in each company. Or account numbers if that is what you want to play with.

Hope this helps.

John
  • westonweston Member Posts: 5
    I am willing to buy an add-on granusle that handles intercompany transfers - Sales on account from one Navision company to pruchases on account in another company as well as payments or issuance of credit memos that pay the liability in one company and deposits that post the payment receipts in the other company.

Anyone interested?
    Weston Binford weston@trustedbis.com

• PattPatt Member Posts: 5
    Dialog Information Technology is an NSC based in Brisbane, Australia. We have developed a comprehensive Intercompany granule that is registered in the Navision Add On program. It provides GL Intercompany Journals, as well as generating Intercompany Journals from Sales & Purchase Invoices.