Options

Report Footer

sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
edited 2011-04-27 in NAV Three Tier
I have got a footer in a report which is to be displayed on teh very last page. I have managed to configure it so but the report is retaining the space on every page. Is it possible to peform one of the following:
- Remove the footer space on the page except when actually displaying it.
- Create a field in the body which displays at the very end of the page even if this would mean leaving a blank space in the page body.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    No, currently there's no way to achieve what you want. Neither of the 2 solutions. :thumbsdown:
    It is a well known limit of the new reports, I'd really like MS to fix it in the next release [-o<
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    azerty74azerty74 Member Posts: 82
    What if you do not use a report footer, but a page footer ?
    I mean, put your footer content at the bottom of the body, in a rectangle. Then in the hidden property use an expression that evaluates to False on the last page.
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing code. Therefore if you write the code as cleverly as possible you are by definition not smart enough to debug it.
  • Options
    azerty74azerty74 Member Posts: 82
    oups, apparantly I did not read your post completely. If you want it to be displayed at the end of the page, that I don't know if it's possible yet in rdlc...
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing code. Therefore if you write the code as cleverly as possible you are by definition not smart enough to debug it.
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    azerty74 wrote:
    What if you do not use a report footer, but a page footer ?
    I mean, put your footer content at the bottom of the body, in a rectangle. Then in the hidden property use an expression that evaluates to False on the last page.
    But the rectangle will eventually be pushed down by the table, going to the page after.
    If i remember well, the only way to achieve the result is by counting the printable lines per page, but it's long time since i tried to make my way over this problem :-k
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog