NAV Printing stops (Dot matrix printer; windows 7 OS)

McluvenMcluven Member Posts: 2
My Client is using dot matrix printer (Epson DLQ 3500) and Windows 7 OS for some users.

When printing in Navision (ex: 7 pages), it stops on the 6 1/2 page. Try to print again but still the printer stops on the same place where it stops previously.

They try to print ordinary files such as (excel , word file). but the printer works properly.

Also tried to reinstall the printer couple of times and test, still same problem.

Please share your advise. Thanks

Comments

• FlowerBizFlowerBiz Member Posts: 34
    What happens when you try to print an eight page report? Does it stop halfway on page seven or halfway on page six? What about a 10 page report? To truly diagnose "odd" problems, it's necessary to mix it up a bit and see if any patterns emerge.

Has the report been printed to a different printer and did it print correctly?

How is the printer connected to the PC? Serial cable? Parallel cable? USB? Network? If by serial cable, this could be a flow control issue.

Are there any status lights on the printer? Do they blink or stay steadily lit when the printing stops prematurely?

My experience with some dot matrix printers is that they have an internal buffer that can require a form feed character to be sent at the end of the print in order to "flush" the buffer. It's interesting that you note that the printer prints correctly with other Windows applications. Navision, to my knowledge, will use the same Windows drivers as all other applications.
  • ShinisShinis Member Posts: 38
    HI, I also face the same problem for one of my customer. Kindly update if you have any solution for this issue. Thanks.
  • ShinisShinis Member Posts: 38
    Hi Mcluven, Do you got any solution for this issue. If so kindly update. Thanks.
  • thuthu Member Posts: 6
    Hi Mcluven,

does the printout miss any data at the end, or does it just miss the form feed?