Reorder point

fahdfahd Member Posts: 226
Der Expert,
I want to set the minimum level for specific items. like once they reach on my specified minimum level the system shoul automatically create a PO for those items. Can any one please tell me how to set this? and how to enable system to automatically generate a PO if it reaached he minimum level ofr quantity???

Regards,
Fahd

Comments

• AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    Setup the Planning Paramater in the Item/SKU card.

You must manually run the Calculate Plan function in the Requisiotion Worksheet to have the system SUGGEST you to create a Purchase Order, once you have agreed, you can Carry Out Action Message to have it create a Purch. Order automatically.
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • fahdfahd Member Posts: 226
    Dear Mr. Andwian,
    thanks for the help i am doing the following step for the item number let say 11340 and it's current Qty is 0.

Please Let me know if i am doing any mistake.

1. Go To planning tab in the item card.

2. Reorder policy : Fixed Reorder Qty.

3. Reorder Cycle : 1D.

4. Order Tracking Policy : Tacking & Action.

5. Minimum Quantity : 10

6. Run Form no. 291 (Req. worksheet).

7. Calculate Plan.

but it is not showing any item in that sheet, Kindly tell me where is the problem.

Regards,
    Fahd
    Setup the:
    Reorder Point and/or Safety Stock
    Since you are using Fixed Reorder Qty., setup the Reorder Quantity

Last, since you will be using Requisition Worksheet, make sure that
    Replenishment System is Purchase.

Give it a try and good luck!
    Regards,
    Andwian
    Yesss it worked now thanks.

But the thing which i was looking exactly is is not working.

I was looking for like let say if item number 11345's current qty is 20.

And i set minimum level 5.

So once i will run calulate plan in Req. worssheet it should not show me item 11345. because it still has 20 Qty.

That item should only come if the inventrory has reached to qty 5!!.

How can i do this part??

Thanks alot!
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    You need to create a report/codeunit and calculate the value of qty based on your calculation formulae
    ex: Inventory + "Qty. on Purch. Order" - Qty. on Sales Order - Safety Stock Quantity

If above value is < 0 then insert line in Req. Line and Create Purchase Order using Calculate Plan - Req. Wksh. report.

You can run the newly created report/codeunit using JobQueue based on fixed time interval..
  • mahadulemahadule Member Posts: 3
    Your problem:

I was looking for like let say if item number 11345's current qty is 20.And i set minimum level 5.So once i will run calulate plan in Req. worssheet it should not show me item 11345. because it still has 20 Qty.That item should only come if the inventrory has reached to qty 5!!.

Suggestted solution for mentioned problem:Define parameter "Safety Stock Quantity" on item card as 5, when your current inventory will go down less than 5 than system will generate the requisition lines.

Thanks

Navin Mahadule
    Dear Navin,

Thanks alot for help.as explained in testing DB. I kept " Safety Stock Quantity" as 5. with following parameters.

Reorder policy : Fixed Reorder Quantity

Reorder Quantity : 2

Minimum Order quantity : 2

and rest of the parameters are same as default.

By taking the same item as an example 11345 it's quantity is still 20.

but when i ran the Req. worksheet Form (291).

Still it is showing that item in it. i want that item should show only if i the quantity has reached 5 in inventory.
    You need to create a report/codeunit and calculate the value of qty based on your calculation formulae
    ex: Inventory + "Qty. on Purch. Order" - Qty. on Sales Order - Safety Stock Quantity

If above value is < 0 then insert line in Req. Line and Create Purchase Order using Calculate Plan - Req. Wksh. report.

You can run the newly created report/codeunit using JobQueue based on fixed time interval..

Did you try this?
    Dear Mohana,
    Thanks for the help but i think this is kind of programming thing.

i am not programmer that's why i thought this function should be avaiable as a default option since it is available in smalll softwares as well.

It would bgreat if you could assist me through bedfault option.
  • GiostGiost Member Posts: 7
    fahd wrote:
    Dear Navin,

Thanks alot for help.as explained in testing DB. I kept " Safety Stock Quantity" as 5. with following parameters.

Still it is showing that item in it. i want that item should show only if i the quantity has reached 5 in inventory.

I have the same issue with safety stock quantity and minumum order quantity.

I set a safety stock quantity of 10 in a SKU card and even a minimum order quantity and a order multiple of 15.
    The reorder policy for the item is lot-for-lot and the initial inventory is 0.

Using the Planning Worksheets, the system always suggests an exception warning message to fulfill the safety stock (quantity = 10) ignoring the other parameters (minimum order quantity and a order multiple of 15).

Please, can you confirm that this is the standard behaviour of the system or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you
    fahd wrote:
    Dear Navin,

This can simply achieved using this Planning Parameter:
    Safety Stock OR Reorder Point: 5

Could you paste the Planning Parameter here?
    Regards,
    Andwian
    Giost wrote:
    I set a safety stock quantity of 10 in a SKU card and even a minimum order quantity and a order multiple of 15.
    The reorder policy for the item is lot-for-lot and the initial inventory is 0.

Using the Planning Worksheets, the system always suggests an exception warning message to fulfill the safety stock (quantity = 10) ignoring the other parameters (minimum order quantity and a order multiple of 15).

Please, can you confirm that this is the standard behaviour of the system or am I doing something wrong?
    What version did you use?
    There is a Planning Rollup Update for tacling many issues in Planning System. Have applied this?
    Regards,
    Andwian
    Dear Andwian,
    i have attached my current parameters. Kindly check them. i have tried all the policy.

I tried using fixed order as well. with Reorder point let say 5. But still always shows the item whenever i run the Req. Sheet.

I want the item to be included in the Req. Worksheet when it's inventory has reached 5 or less than 5. other wise if it is greater than 5 then it should not be appeared when i run calculate plan in Req. Worksheet.

Kindly check this!!1 ](*,)
    Andwian wrote:
    What version did you use?
    There is a Planning Rollup Update for tacling many issues in Planning System. Have applied this?

I'm testing the Planning Worksheets for a new implementation on a Nav 2009 R2.
    I think that the Planning Rollup Update was released for the 5.0.
    I've also found and applied an hotfix (KB2266182 - The planning results are illogical when you run the "Calculate Regenerative Plan" function on a planning worksheet if you use safety stock in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1) but the strange behaviour hasn't been fixed.
    Is this, in your opinion, a bug, or does it work as expected?

Many thanks
    Dear Mr. Giost,
    I m using Version 5.

I think yes it is a bug or something coz it is a basic thing that we can find in even small softwarers like Retail pro.

It is not working properly i guess!! :roll: .

coz i've tried almost all the policies. I don't know what it's not working!! #-o
    we cannot confirm this as a bug as planning engine is a big ocean..
    we have to know the full functionality as it depends upon somany parameters..

I agree with you, but in a quick test on a demo 5.0 SP1 the system precesses correctly the safety stock. I think it could be a bug, I will keep on testing.
    ](*,) ](*,) .

I think it is bug.

if it is a bug then what should i do now??? should i report this to Microsoft or what.??? Coz we needed this badly.

@Giost[/quote]. I have the same version 5 Sp1. but reorder isn't working propely. it is coming every time i run the Req. Worksheet!!.Even though i have quantity in in Inventory. :(

If there is any update regarding this so plzzzzz do let me know.

Thanks alot for all your support.

Regards,
    Fahd
    Hi Fahd,

Could you show me the General tab of that item in question?
    and also the Item Availability by Period for the date in question.

Maybe although you have inventory, but the demand is over the supply, that's why it will suggest you, although it has not reach the SS/ROP.
    Regards,
    Andwian
    Giost wrote:

I agree with you, but in a quick test on a demo 5.0 SP1 the system precesses correctly the safety stock. I think it could be a bug, I will keep on testing.

I must admit that I will agree with you that this is somewhat strange behavior, yet I could not confirm this as a bug or, even maybe a design. Better to report this to support professional.
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • Christian_RyttChristian_Rytt Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 7
    On the Planning tab I would suggest using Reordering Policy = Lot-for-Lot, Safety Stock Qty. 5, Include Inventory = Yes and leave the rest blank/default

This should give you supply suggestions with duedates ensuring that you stay above 5 pcs in inventory.
    If you use location, make sure to do this setup on the SKU.
    Christian Rytt
    Senior Program Manager
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    ****** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights ******