Update Cost in Item

gpriyagpriya Member Posts: 17
Dear All,
I created Raw1 and FG items. Then I purchased Raw1 item 100 qty with 100/-
So my raw1 cost is 100. And FG cost is ZERO.
Now I created Prod Order and I defined source no. as FG and Qty is 30. To produce FG I defined Raw1 Item is required.
Now I Produced FG Item with 10 qty through Output journal. When I go to FG Item -> Invoicing Tab-> Unit cost it is showing ZERO. It is not updated because My Released Prod Order is not finished.
I ran Adjust Cost Item Entries and Cost post to G/L batch jobs. But it is not affected.
How to update the FG Cost?

Regards,
Priya.

Comments

• alok_kulalok_kul Member Posts: 8
    Costing Method for both items?????
  • gpriyagpriya Member Posts: 17
    Average Costing method
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    I think it's not about costing method whatever method you are using. The thing is unitl you are not posting consumption for the raw meterial either from the consumption journal or when you are going to change status system will post automatic consumption based on flusing method(forward) for RM item.
    so unit cost for finish good will be updated when system post consumption for RM.
    Dear Vijay,
    Thanks for ur reply. I posted 10 qty as Consumption and 10 qty as output through production journal. But it is not affected. In G/L it is posted Raw material Account and WIP Finished Goods accounts only. It will not affected to Finished Goods Account.

I tried with giving the unit cost in Output line. But it is not updating the FG Item unit cost.

Regards,
    Priya.... ](*,)
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    have you place a check mark on "Automatic cost posting" in inventory setup?
    I already Put check mark in automatic cost posting and expected cost posting also and i selected automatic Cost Adjustment as Always.

Regards,
    Priya..
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    You must have the Released Prod. Order finished.
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • tom_tomtom_tom Member Posts: 1
    Why does it not post FG costs at an expected cost of the Raw costs until the Prod order is finished?