How can I manage a nursery in Nav 2009

JoeDoeJoeDoe Member Posts: 11
The question is in the title.

I have a prospect that need to manage 10 nurseries. I don't know exactly how to deal with it.
They need to sign up children and choose how many days per week the children are staying,etc.

Each nursery is a separate company ?

Can you give me some guidelines ?

Thanks

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    edited 2011-04-21
    when you said nursery, I thought you mean of companies that grow plants/trees. We have a couple of companies are growing plants/trees.
    :mrgreen:

I guess it's sort of reverse rental system. I don't know if there is a vertical for this, but you could use resource and issue a SO with a per date rate. The mod should be that difficult.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • JoeDoeJoeDoe Member Posts: 11
    Hi, :D

By nursery, I mean the place where you let your children during your work day. Parents can decide to let their children 3 days a week at the nursery.

How can I record the fact that parents (customers of my prospects) register their children in for example nursery 1 or 2.
    How can I make it possible to compare the profitability of the different 10 nurseries ?

The goal is not to manage the ressources that helps chidlren during the day.

Do I have to use dimension on the customer card or something else ... ??

I have no idea on how to deal with it. :D
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    well if they are separate legal entities, then you would have separate companies in NAV. You could consolidate the data to run reports across all the companies.
    If they are not separate legal entities, then you can use locations. So on SO you would use different location when you sell the resource.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    You could take a look at the seminar managment system in the dev 2 training manual - it should give you some ideas you could use.
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    Maybe you could read the Mark Brummel's book, there is a mod about the Tennis Court rental system.

Hope that helps. Worth to try.
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • JoeDoeJoeDoe Member Posts: 11
    Thanks guys. :D

So you tell me it is impossible to deal with this kind of services without developing a customized application, that's it ?
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    Well, the answer to that question is both yes and no.
    No as in NAV can handle the scenario's described, but the terms are different. (a Child could be an Item, or Customer, or ...)
    Yes as in: We don't know all the requirements, but to help the nursery register children for a week, and register all the costs and profits on a (group of) child(s). Customisation will have to be developped.

Just use your software engineering skills you got from school/training and you'll have a NavNursery in no time.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|