How to insert BLOB data in 2000000068 - Record Link table?

itsgonabemeitsgonabeme Member Posts: 6
Hi all the experts and NAV gurus,

I am sorry if this question has been asked, i did my initial search and couldn't find anything.
This is my first post and hopefully more to come in future.

We are in process of migrating a client from 5.00 SP1 to 2009 R2 and they have a custom comment table linked with CUSTOMER table and all they are doing they are storing multiple comment lines for each customer.

This is how the sample data looks like:

Customer No. (code) ---- Line No. (integer) ---- Comment (text 250)

C1 - 1000 - Test comment1
C2 - 2000 - Test comment2
C3 - 3000 - Test comment3
C4 - 4000 - Test comment4

What we have to do is to parse all the above comments and create a single NOTE (blob) for table 2000000068 - Record Link table.
I don't want to re-invent the wheel if we already have a solution available, also i am not sure if it is possible because i have no idea how i will populate "Record ID" and "URL1" field.

Please help me get through with this or if possible point in my right direction.
I would sincerely appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,
Sam

Comments

• einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    As far as I understood you want to get rid of this custom table?! There's a standard comment table for Customers (ID 97, I think) and it looks very similar to the one you describe. So, why not just copy all of your comment lines to the standard comment line in a first step?
    Secondly I guess they stored some links to some documents on a file server into their comment line and you want to replace all of these "link comments" by an entry in standard table "Record Link". Is that right?
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."