Is bracket allowed in a filter?

slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 366
Is bracket allowed in a filter of a Code field?
"A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    yes, but put it between quotemarks, eg:
    '*(*'
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    What do you mean by "allowed"?
    I would suggest to take a look into the help and/or try it by yourself. :wink:
    NAV Help wrote:
    Calculate before rest
    30|(>=10&<=20)
    Those with number 30 or with a number from 10 through 20 (the result of the calculation within the parentheses)
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    if you try to filter "whatever contains a bracket", you'll get the following error both in classic and in rtc. This error can be solved by putting quotemarks. I guess he was refferring to this problem.
    The filter '*(*' is invalid.
    You entered an invalid expression in the filter on the No. field in the Vendor table.

BTW, it's funny that the filter in the online help works without problems :mrgreen: Edit: #-o i just noticed that the filter you wrote is probably on an integer field...

P.S.: I know it happens user side; I don't remember if setrange gives the same problem... :-k
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 366
    I noticed this only today when trying to search for a Item No. with a "(" in it. It didn't work in the code also when trying to set a filter with a ( in the value of a variable.

How can we overcome this issue when importing data from a text file using a Dataport and filtering based on the value from file?
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."