Document Approval Link in Email

alokagrawal1909alokagrawal1909 Member Posts: 19
Hi Experts,

My client is using Nav 2009 Classic.
They want to use the Document Approval functionality of Navision.
We have an option to configure the Email Notification so whenever an order is submitted for approval, the Approver gets an email alert. but this is not just enough for them.

they want that in the Notification Email there should be link, by click on that that link order should get approved in navision. this is required specially for ease of Top Management.

I found some thing. in File Menu -> Send -> Link By Email, but i guess it will creat a link for Navision Approval Request Form in the Email, but not sure.

Appreciate, any suggestion or pointers in this regard..

Many Thanks in advance..

Comments

• swjswj Member Posts: 68
    Hi, so far that i know is link to open the form itself..not to approve the document.
  • jupjup Member Posts: 7
    I found some thing. in File Menu -> Send -> Link By Email, but i guess it will creat a link for Navision Approval Request Form in the Email, but not sure.

You can add some code in the Request Approval Form - OnCreateHyperlink trigger in order to change the URL parameter. In this way, you can:
    1. change the link property and open a different Form (the Document instead of the Request Approval)
    2. add an additional parameter (something like "approve=TRUE").

Then you have to add some code in the Document Form - OnHyperlink. If you find the string "approve=TRUE" in the URL parameter, you can perform the Approval by code.

I think this workaround should work, but I did not test it...
    -- Jup --
  • kriz4luvkriz4luv Member Posts: 3
    Hello,

Has anyone been able to solve this problem in Nav 2009. My clients are asking for the same function in Nav where top management can approve requests directly from a link in an email notification.

Regards
    Christopher NG