Navision 3.70.b

jigoro88jigoro88 Member Posts: 4
Hello,

Im new here so maybe its a very easy question. We use navision 3.70.b and we want to add a form for a searchengine.
problem is that i dont know how to add a form and program it. I have a program background of c/c++ and c#, but we prefer to use c#.

is it possible to connect our navision throught the COM or is this version to old?
Or in which way can we realize our idea?

best regards

Comments

• AndreBAndreB Member Posts: 18
    You will have to do it the Navision way. Open Object Manager and add (and edit) the form from there. You will need a developers license to achieve your goal.
  • jigoro88jigoro88 Member Posts: 4
    So if i have it right: it is not possible to make a application in c# and connect it to navision with our version...
    from which version it is possible?
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    jigoro88 wrote:
    we want to add a form for a searchengine.

Can you clarify a bit more? Are you looking to add a google searchbox kind of thing?
  • jigoro88jigoro88 Member Posts: 4
    I want to create a couple of forms that interact with our file database (another that navision). Further there are some application that runs now standalone, and the goal is to connect everything with navision interface.
    The forms are costum made, and some applications I program my self in c#.

So if there's no link with c# or COM in this version of navision, is there another solution to realize this at my own? Or is it necessary for an other version to program everything myself?

I got no license of navision programming and we don't want to distribute it to an other company.
  • vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,139
    Savatage wrote:
    How about CFront?
    I suppose this is integration in the wrong direction since
    jigoro88 wrote:
    the goal is to connect everything with navision interface.
    But v.3.70B supports COM. Just create a variable of type Automation and select the appropriate subtype (Object/Interface).
    If you want to create a front end only, go ahead. If you want to integrate with business logic or write to the database, be sure to check with your solution center.