System is gettng hanged while making sals invoice .

pritipriti Member Posts: 9
My system is getting hanged while making sales invoice through copy document fom sales order.
There are around more than 500 lines while making sales invoice and the database is on 4.0.
Please tell me is there any restricion of lines while making sales invoice.?
If no then suggest me some solution
Thnks in advance.

Comments

• ShedmanShedman Member Posts: 194
    Have you considered the option that the system is just still working and appears hanged instead of really hanging?
  • pritipriti Member Posts: 9
    It actually gets hanged :( an dafter some time nav error message comes with options send to Microsoft and do not send ](*,)
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    you mention "the restriction on lines" are you saying you aren't having an issue using copy document with smaller orders? say 10, 50, 100, 250. Is 500 the only place you're having this issue?
    @Savatage :yes only for 500 lines i am getting an error.50,100,200...<500 lines invoices i am able to post.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    You mention NAV 4.0.
    Do you mean 4.0 without SP and hotfix? The 4.0 was not exactly the best client-version. In this case I would advice to (technically) upgrade to at least SP3+hotfix. Or even better a (technical) upgrade to NAV2009R2.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

@kriki:database is in 4.0 but we have converted it into 4.3 means we use 4.3 to open the databasae
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Do you also have the problem if you do a preview or print to a completely different printer (with different drivers!)?
    I think it could also be a printer-driver problem. Updating the printer-driver could also fix the problem.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!