Options

Memory error when enabling Microsoft Dynamics Server

bigwoodsbigwoods Member Posts: 7
edited 2011-06-29 in NAV Three Tier
I'm working on a NAV2009 database and I went to Alter Database, clicked "Single User", and "Enable For Microsoft Dynamics Server" and receive the standard messages and that it wants to compile the objects. I say yes and then at about 50% the process stops and I get a message that says "There isn't enough memory available to perform the activity" and it shuts down. I'm running on a virtual server with 12gb of RAM. Memory runs at about 2gb usage until it hits 50% processed.

At 50% the Commit for finsql.exe goes from 300mb to 1.5gb in less than a second.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    deV.chdeV.ch Member Posts: 543
    what's your object cache value? if not default then maybe set it back & try again.
  • Options
    jeoljeol Member Posts: 1
    We had exactly the same problem.
    Compiling in chunks solved the problem.

/jeol
  • Options
    DakkonDakkon Member Posts: 192
    Do you mean that after you got the error you just manually compiled groups of objects via the object designer and then it worked? I am also running into this and wanted to clarify this solution. Currently when I get the error, my client then crashes and when I go back into the database alter settings, the checkbox for the Microsoft Dynamics Nav server is still left checked even though it failed to compile. I am not aware of any other way to compile the objects in chunks but I want to be sure :)
    Thad Ryker
    I traded my sanity for a railgun :mrgreen: