NAV adding 'am' to end of barcoded lot number

gadzilla1gadzilla1 Member Posts: 316
Hello all,

I'm working on a report that displays a lot# as a barcode (lets say the test lot# is '100600').

When I scan into MS Word the lot# displays as '100600'.

When I scan into NAV the lot# displays as '100600am'.

The textbox is using 3 of 9 barcode font and the length of the textbox displays the entire lot#. Has anyone encountered this issue?

Thank you very much for any help! Chris

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    gadzilla1 wrote:
    Hello all,
    I'm working on a report that displays a lot# as a barcode (lets say the test lot# is '100600').
    When I scan into MS Word the lot# displays as '100600'.
    When I scan into NAV the lot# displays as '100600am'.
    The textbox is using 3 of 9 barcode font and the length of the textbox displays the entire lot#. Has anyone encountered this issue?
    Thank you very much for any help! Chris

What I'm reading is you created a report which displays a barcode.
    You went with the 3of9 font option of barcodes which requires the '*' in the front & end ('*'+"my field"+'*')
    Then you print it out & when you go to scan it it's showing correctly in word by NOT in the field you need to scan it into. Is this correct?

Have you tried to scan the barcode into other places like a description field or in the comment line to see if you get the same result?
  • gadzilla1gadzilla1 Member Posts: 316
    Correct on all of your questions, and thanks for the suggestions. I scanned into the description (and other fields) and got the same result ('am').

One thing I noticed in MS Word is that although the lot# displayed correctly as '100600', I double clicked on the number and saw there were two blank characters, or a return following, like: '100600 '

I'm assuming this is where the 'am' issue comes from. So, I went directly to the ILE table where the lot# variable exists, copied and pasted and saw no 'am' or empty spaces...

Weird! Any help greatly appreciated (and thank you).
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    txtCharsToKeep := '0123456789';
    FieldYouWantToClean := DELCHR(FieldYouWantToClean,'=',DELCHR(FieldYouWantToClean,'=',txtCharsToKeep));

you can add a code on your report to clean out any potential extra characters. when creating the bardcode.

are you using the '*'s perhaps you have a '* ' somewhere that adds and extra space?