Error when restoring company.

wagawezewagaweze Member Posts: 6
Hi everyone.

I am having trouble restoring a company. I almost get to the end and i get an error message:

The following SQL Server error(s) occured while accessing the WML View table:

1038,"42000",[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]An object or column name is missing or empty. For SELECT INTO statements, verify each column has a name. For other statements, look for empty alias names. Aliases defined as '"" or [] are not allowed. Ass a name or single space as the alias name.

I have attached an image of the error. I have greyed out a small section as it contains the name of the company.

We are running NAV 5.0 SP1 with the enwis) module

Comments

• ShedmanShedman Member Posts: 194
    The table name suggests that it's a table linked to a SQL view. You should remove the SQL view (in SQL Server Management Studio), rename the company and then restore the SQL view in the new company (again in SSMS).
  • wagawezewagaweze Member Posts: 6
    The View doesn't exist in any database.

Here are some more details.

In my LIVE database I have one company which i took a backup of.
    Then in my TEST database i have 4 companies named as the date that those backups were taken.
    I am trying to restore into the TEST database the latest backup of LIVE.

If i create the View mentioned in the above error message. I get the same message again for the next company in that database.
    Eg cannot find view 101010, then cannot find 011110, then 021210. (The dates) So if i create all of these views and then restore i get the error message:

"The restoration of the navision backup was interrupted because the company '101010' is already in the database"

I am restoring a company with a different name i do not know why it cares about company 101010.

Any ideas?