Options

Purchase Order - Partial reception to posted

NunoNuno Member Posts: 18
Hi,

I need a bit of help with the following situation:

- This company uses orders to purchase materials (Purchase & Payables).
- When receiving the goods, the Inventory put-aways transaction is used, linking the put-away with the order (Inventory).
- When a partial reception of material occurs, both the order and the put-way documents continue opened and available (not posted). Example: an order of 1000 un. and a partial reception of 500 un.
- Sometimes it is possible that after this partial reception the order is considered finalized, that is, no more reception is expected.
- Consider also that the partial reception is correctly invoiced.

My question is: how can I considered the initial order and the put-away order finalized and transfered to the posted orders and posted put-ways without a complete reception of the initial quantity ordered?

I hope you can help me with this question.

Best Regards,
Nuno

Comments

• Options
    philippegirodphilippegirod Member Posts: 191
    A very very old solution in 2 steps :

1/ Change the quantity in the initial order, for instance, if you received and invoiced 500 on the 1000, change the 1000 in 500 (field Quantity in the Purchase Lines).

2/Then use a batch job Purchase & Payables, Periodic Activities, Delete Purchase Documents,Delete Invoiced Purch. Orders.
    It launchs the report 499 Delete Invoiced Purch. Orders.
    You can suppress the initial order (which is now completely recevied and invoiced).

This is the standard solution... simple, almost perfect.
    My candle burns by both ends, it will not last the night,
    But oh my foes and oh my friends, it gives a lovely light
  • Options
    Hello Philippe,

First of all thank you for the reply.

The problem with that solution is this: Because we are using the Inventory module to post the receptions, with the inventory put-aways functionality, the system doesn't allow me to change the quantity of the purchase order sending this warning:

"Quantity must not be changed when a Warehouse Activity Line exists: in Purchase Line Document Type='Order', Document Nº....."

The thing is that when I have a partial reception I have two documents opened, the order and the inventory put-away, and they are linked together.

Still I'm going to work on your idea to see if I can use it!

Any more ideas that could help me?

Best Regards,
    Nuno
  • Options
    RobertMoRobertMo Member Posts: 484
    A guess. Maybe change Qty on Put-Away first...
               ®obi           
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Options
    Wrong...but thanks anyway for the wildguess!! :)

The quantity field of the put-away is blocked...and is linked with the order, and I can't change neither one or the other!

Regards,
    Nuno