Reval Non-subledger accounts

toritoritoritori Member Posts: 2
It is a requirement that balance sheet accounts with foreign currency need to be revalued. NAV only revalues subledger accounts. I would like some suggestions on how to revalue non-subledger accounts. If a client uses several currencies maintaining this information in Excel to know what manual adjustment needs to be made is not practical. I know a lot of products allow you to revalue non-subledger accounts if you designate them to do such but I don't see how NAV can handle this.

Comments

• mgmuthamgmutha Member Posts: 55
    Use Additional Reporting Currency Functionality and Define G/L Account -> Exchange Rate Adjustment = Adjust Additional-Currency Amount.

Note: You can use only one additional currency in G/L Entry.
    Manish Mutha
  • jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hello,

AFAIK standard NAV can't. You can use the bank account subledger, this would allow to adjust bank accounts held in a foreign currency. With a few modifications (no mods of the posting codeunit required) you would also be able to adjust partial FCY balances of the same bank account... reporting on this is not so easy, though.
    The other option is to use an add-on which introduces transaction currency to the G/L. I have made such an implementation, available for NAV 2009SP1 and R2, CC and RTC. :)

with best regards

Jens
  • julkifli33julkifli33 Member Posts: 1,087
    jglathe wrote:
    Hello,

AFAIK standard NAV can't. You can use the bank account subledger, this would allow to adjust bank accounts held in a foreign currency. With a few modifications (no mods of the posting codeunit required) you would also be able to adjust partial FCY balances of the same bank account... reporting on this is not so easy, though.
    The other option is to use an add-on which introduces transaction currency to the G/L. I have made such an implementation, available for NAV 2009SP1 and R2, CC and RTC. :)

with best regards

Jens

do you add new table
    and then link to gl/entry?
    or you add some fields and customization in GL ?
    Hello julkifli33,

it's a direct modification of the G/L Entries table (among others). All in all, 61 changed/added objects at the last counting. The changes are completely transparent to the NAV functionality.

with best regards

Jens
    jglathe wrote:
    Hello julkifli33,

it's a direct modification of the G/L Entries table (among others). All in all, 61 changed/added objects at the last counting. The changes are completely transparent to the NAV functionality.

with best regards

Jens
    you mean for do this customization
    i need to change 61 objects???
    Hi julkifli33,
    julkifli33 wrote:
    you mean for do this customization
    i need to change 61 objects???

the current version (SITC2.00.01.03, based on NAV 2009R2 W1) has 68 objects, of which 14 are new, and 54 are modified sdandard objects. The core idea of the add-on is to make NAV completely currency-aware in the G/L and VAT ledger. And to sell it, of course :mrgreen:

with best regards

Jens
    hehehe ok then
    thanks a lot for the share :)