Importing data into posted tabel

bteredesaibteredesai Member Posts: 129
Hi,

This is a requirement from one of our customer during an upgrade project. The customer wants to import data only into few posted tables.

For example, customer wants data to be imported into only Purch. Invoice Header, Purch. Invoice Line. Since they want all the posted invoice for the vendors but do not want the GL entry data.

I am of a opinion that this should not be done. However would like to know some expert comments on this.

Thanks!
Bhushan

Comments

• DRBDRB Member Posts: 105
    bteredesai wrote:

I am of a opinion that this should not be done.
    Definitely this should not be done. This can lead to serious mess in database, INCONSISTENCY error will be one of the issue and finally may lead to corrupt and irrepairable database.
    -Dhan Raj Bansal
    Linkedin Profile: http://in.linkedin.com/in/dhanrajbansal
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    DRB wrote:
    ...This can lead to serious mess in database, INCONSISTENCY error will be one of the issue and finally may lead to corrupt and irrepairable database.

Can you explain this?

As long as the referenced master and supplemental records exist, I'm not sure I see an issue with this.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • DRBDRB Member Posts: 105
    First of all what will be use of having just Posted Sales Header and Posted Sales Line info only? If you are want to have this info, without Ledger Entries (ILE, Customer ledger entries and G/L Entries) then will it not create problem?
    -Dhan Raj Bansal
    Linkedin Profile: http://in.linkedin.com/in/dhanrajbansal
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    You'd have to ask the customer that question. Maybe they just want the history handy in case they need to refer to it or reprint it?

What issues would it cause?
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Three Tier' forum to 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!