Item Reclass Journal when missing a Serial No.

beboelkebeboelke Member Posts: 19
I have a client who has an entry in the Item Ledger for a return they took last summer. At the time the were not using Item Tracking, but now are. This item is not actually in inventory, and they would like to back it out. I am attempting to use the Item Reclassification Journal, but because I do not have an existing Serial No. associated to the original Item Ledger Entry, I keep getting stuck (You must specify Serial Nos. in Item No.='xxx'). It won't allow me enter a "New Serial No." without there being a "Serial No.". Has anyone dealt with this type of issue previously?

Comments

• alok_kulalok_kul Member Posts: 8
    as per my understand system will not allow you to set lot no/serial no after post any transaction related to that item.

Also if you want to inventory back it out instead of reclass jnl try to use negative Adj.
  • beboelkebeboelke Member Posts: 19
    It turns out I had to use a QND to set the Serial No. to a dummy and could then clear it out. I was hoping to find a way to give to the customer for them to do it without programmer intervention, but alas...